Land Rover Safari (3 Hour Tour)
Taking place at
Glencoe National Nature Reserve
31 Mar – 10 Nov
Let us transport you through Glencoe and Glen Etive, going slightly off the beaten track. Our ranger-led safari will give you 3 hours of history, geology, wildlife and more!
Binoculars are provided but you may wish to bring along a camera and a snack. Outdoor clothing and footwear is advised.
This Land Rover Safari tour is suitable for adults and children aged 12+.
Meet at the Glencoe Visitor Centre at 9.30am.
Dates: Every Tuesday, from 31 March to 10 November – Tickets Info
Please contact the ranger team for further information on [email protected] or 01855 811307.
ABOUT THIS PLACE
- Don’t miss our refreshed visitor centre, your gateway to exploring Glencoe.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Clan MacDonald and the tragic Massacre of 1692.
- Get close to nature with our rangers on a wildlife Land Rover Safari.
- Climb (or just admire) one of the eight Munro mountains that tower above the glen.
- Discover a world-famous film location featured in Harry Potter, Outlaw King, The 39 Steps, Braveheart, Rob Roy and Skyfall.
No description can re-create the impact of seeing Glencoe for the first time. It has long been one of the most famous places in Scotland, known equally for its awe-inspiring views and sorrowful past.
Glencoe is a place of history, wildlife, adventure and myth. The mountains were formed through violent volcanic eruptions, and then sculpted by massive glaciers. Fingal, the legendary Celtic hero, is said to have made his home among these towering mountains, while his poet son, Ossian, found inspiration in the landscape.
On 13 February 1692, 38 men, women and children of the MacDonald clan were murdered by a regiment of soldiers (acting on behalf of the government) whom they had welcomed into their homes. The tragedy of the Glencoe Massacre still has the power to evoke powerful emotions.
The Trust has cared for Glencoe since 1935. We work to maintain footpaths, look after the fragile biodiversity and keep the landscape as precious and wild as it was when it first came into our care.